Long Live Flowers!
This Sunday, 15th March is Mother’s Day. If you are a mum and lucky enough to receive a bouquet of flowers here are a few tips to keep those flowers fresh and last as long as possible:
- If the flowers are packaged in cellophane (even if they are in an “Aqua” water bubble), remove the packaging as soon as possible. The packaging causes flowers to sweat which can result in bacteria growth.
- Wash a vase with a weak bleach solution and rinse.
- Fill the vase about 2/3rds with tepid water.
- Add the flower food and stir.
- Cut the stems of your flowers at an angle and then place in the vase. Cutting the stems at an angle gives a bigger surface area for your flowers to take up water.
- You should change the water and recut the stems every 3 days.
Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight and radiators.